Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Panty Hose in the Garden?

Yep, I use a ton of Panty hose in my garden!

Weather they are to small or have a run they can be used.

Here’s a list of way’s to use them.

In the garden

  1. Tie them together and then string from post to post to support climbing plants like Cucumber's, Pea’s, and Watermelon. They are so soft that they support the plants with out cutting them when the wind is blowing.
  2. Cut the toes off and then cut 1 inch off at a time to use as ties for tomatoes. They give and stretch with the growth of the Tomato and still keep from cutting the plant.
  3. Tie around the berries to guide them where you want them to go.
  4. Tie Rose’s to the trellis

Harvest time

  1. Cut off the leg and fill with Potatoes, onions or popcorn and hang to dry.
  2. Dry corn and other seeds by hanging in the stocking.

 

I know there’s more ways we use them but can’t seem to come up with it right now. I hope this helps. Why spend a ton of money on specialty Tomato ties? In my experience they end up either cutting the plant or the plant grows around it, or the most likely thing they break in the wind. So let’s reuse something with many purposes and takes up very little space!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I LOVE your ideas! I saw the title and had to read.... worth it!

    ReplyDelete